What is the query to find second highest salary of employee?
Simple Answer: SELECT distinct(sal) FROM emp ORDER BY sal DESC LIMIT 1, 1; You will get only the second max salary.
How can we get second highest salary without subquery?
SELECT MAX(salary) FROM Employee WHERE Salary NOT IN ( SELECT Max(Salary) FROM Employee); This will return 200 in our case. SELECT MAX(Salary) From Employee WHERE Salary < ( SELECT Max(Salary) FROM Employee); You can use this SQL query if Interviewer ask you to get second highest salary in MySQL without using LIMIT.
How do you find the nth highest salary without using top keyword?
Here I am writing SQL query to find nth salary without using top or max keywords.
- SELECT * FROM (
- SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SALARY DESC) AS rownumber,Salary.
- FROM Employee )
- AS foo.
- WHERE rownumber = n.
How do you find nth highest salary of an employee from salary table?
Here is a way to do this task using dense_rank() function. Query : select * from( select ename, sal, dense_rank() over(order by sal desc)r from Employee) where r=&n To find to the 2nd highest sal set n = 2 To find 3rd highest sal set n = 3 and so on.
How do you find top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee;
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id;
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do you find top 10 salary in SQL?
TO FIND NTH HIGHEST SALARY USING CTE
- SELECT*FROM [DBO].[EMPLOYEE] ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- WITH RESULT AS.
- SELECT SALARY,
- DENSE_RANK() OVER (ORDER BY SALARY DESC) AS DENSERANK.
- FROM EMPLOYEE.
How do I select top 10 rows in SQL?
MySQL supports the LIMIT clause to select a limited number of records, while Oracle uses FETCH FIRST n ROWS ONLY and ROWNUM .
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s)
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s)
- Oracle 12 Syntax:
- Older Oracle Syntax:
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY):
How can I get top 2 salary in SQL?
How To Find Second Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 2 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
- TOP keyword SELECT TOP 1 salary FROM (SELECT TOP 3 salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC) AS Comp ORDER BY salary ASC.
- limit SELECT salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2, 1.
- by subquery. SELECT salary FROM (SELECT salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 3) AS Comp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1;
How can I get maximum salary in each department?
SELECT * FROM department; Get the highest salary of each department on the table.
How do I select top 3 in SQL?
SQL Server SELECT TOP
- expression. Following the TOP keyword is an expression that specifies the number of rows to be returned.
- WITH TIES.
- 1) Using TOP with a constant value.
- 2) Using TOP to return a percentage of rows.
- 3) Using TOP WITH TIES to include rows that match the values in the last row.
How do I select top 1000 rows in SQL?
In order to SELECT or EDIT all tables open SSMS, under Tools, click Options as shown in tha image below: Then expand SQL Server Object Explorer, and select Command: Then change those 200 and 1000 values to 0 for both options.
How do I select a top in MySQL?
The SQL TOP clause is used to limit the number of rows returned. Its basic syntax is: SELECT TOP number | percent column_list FROM table_name ; Here, column_list is a comma separated list of column or field names of a database table (e.g. name, age, country, etc.)
How do I select the last 3 rows in SQL?
I want to select the last 3 rows of an sql table. I know I should use SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 3 , but the problem with this code is that it selects the rows from the end. For example, it selects 30, then 29, then 28.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I get last 5 rows in SQL?
- You need to count number of rows inside table ( say we have 12 rows )
- then subtract 5 rows from them ( we are now in 7 )
- select * where index_column > 7 select * from users where user_id > ( (select COUNT(*) from users) – 5) you can order them ASC or DESC.
How do I get the last two rows in SQL?
To select last two rows, use ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 2.
How do I get the last row in SQL?
to get the last row of a SQL-Database use this sql string: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE id=(SELECT max(id) FROM TableName); Output: Last Line of your db!
How do I get the first row in SQL?
4 Ways to Join Only The First Row in SQL
- Use Correlated Subqueries when the foreign key is indexed.
- Use a Complete Subquery when you don’t have indexes.
- Use Nested Subqueries if you have an ordered ID column.
- Use Nested Subqueries if you have an ordered ID column.
- Use Window Functions if you need more control.
How do I get the first 10 rows in SQL?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
Is Rownum stored in database?
ROWID is a pseudo column in a table which store and return row address in HEXADECIMAL format with database tables. ROWID is the permanent unique identifiers for each row in the database. ROWID consists of 18 character string with the format….When a rowid changes?
How do I select specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
Is Rownum Pseudocolumn stored in database?
‘. Pseudocolumns are actually associated with the table data but it has nothing to do with table data. ROWID & ROWNUM are pseudocolumns which are not actual columns in the table but behave like actual columns. Pseudocolumns are nothing but logical columns which behaves like a physical columns in database.
What is difference between Rownum and Rowid?
The actual difference between rowid and rownum is, that rowid is a permanent unique identifier for that row. However, the rownum is temporary. If you change your query, the rownum number will refer to another row, the rowid won’t. So the ROWNUM is a consecutive number which applicable for a specific SQL statement only.
Which is better rank or Dense_rank?
RANK gives you the ranking within your ordered partition. Ties are assigned the same rank, with the next ranking(s) skipped. So, if you have 3 items at rank 2, the next rank listed would be ranked 5. DENSE_RANK again gives you the ranking within your ordered partition, but the ranks are consecutive.
What is difference between rank () Row_number () and Dense_rank () in Oracle?
The row_number gives continuous numbers, while rank and dense_rank give the same rank for duplicates, but the next number in rank is as per continuous order so you will see a jump but in dense_rank doesn’t have any gap in rankings.
What rank means?
1a : relative standing or position. b : a degree or position of dignity, eminence, or excellence : distinction soon took rank as a leading attorney— J. D. Hicks. c : high social position the privileges of rank. d : a grade of official standing in a hierarchy.