What is the default browser supported by protractor?
Protractor needs two files to run, a spec file and configuration file. Configuration file: This File helps protractor to where the test files are placed (specs. js) and to talk with Selenium server (Selenium Address). Chrome is the default browser for Protractor.
How do I set capabilities in Firefox with a protractor?
Set firefox profile with protractor
- Disable the cache from the backend-side by droping Etag headers -> I can’t modify the backend.
- Drop the Etag header from the frontend-side -> I tried, it did not work.
- Disable the cache from firefox: I just have to set the flag network. http. use-cache to false.
How do you run a protractor test in multiple browsers?
To use other browsers, simply set a different browser name in the capabilities object. Please note that if multiCapabilities is defined in the conf. js, the runner will ignore the capabilities configuration if any. We can also specify browser specific options in the chromeOptions/FirefoxOptions object.
What browser versions should I support 2019?
One of the main trends we are always monitoring is the usage and support for the most popular web browsers.
- The Increasing Importance of the Web Browser.
- Google Chrome: 71%
- Mozilla Firefox: 9%
- Microsoft Edge: 8%
- Internet Explorer: 6%
- Apple Safari: 4%
- Other: 2%
- Risks for Using Older Versions of Internet Explorer.
Which browser should be supported?
Recommended browsers Google Chrome (latest version) — Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android. Apple Safari (latest version) — Mac OS X, iOS. Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+ — Windows. Microsoft Edge (latest version) — Windows.
What are the latest browser versions?
- Chrome 91.
- Safari 14.1.
- Edge 91.
- Firefox 89.
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Opera 76.
What are the 5 most popular Web browsers?
A look into the market share trends of the 5 most popular desktop web browsers; Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple’s Safari, and Opera.
What is the most popular Web browser 2019?
Web browsers – additional information The most popular current browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple’s Safari.
Which is the faster browser?
If you’re all about speed, the clear winner in the “super-fast browser” category is Microsoft Edge. Since it’s Chromium-based, you’ll be able to use your favorite Chrome extensions with it.
What is the safest Internet browser?
- Firefox. Firefox is a robust browser when it comes to both privacy and security.
- Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a very intuitive internet browser.
- Chromium. Google Chromium is the open-source version of Google Chrome for people who want more control over their browser.
What is the best Web browser 2020?
Is Safari better than Firefox?
The Firefox app for iOS and Android is one of the fastest browsers available and also has solid security and anti-tracking features — a huge plus if you’re constantly bouncing between a laptop and mobile devices. Since Safari is Apple’s proprietary web browser, its iCloud syncing works exclusively with Apple products.
What browser should I use 2021?
It’s a very close-run competition, but we believe that Firefox is the best browser you can download today. It’s not without its flaws, but developer Mozilla has committed to supporting its users’ privacy and developing tools to stop third parties from tracking you around the web. Microsoft Edge comes a close second.
What web browser uses the least RAM?
What is the best browser for Windows 10 in 2021?
8+ Best Browser for Windows 10 in 2021 for PC and Laptops
- Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Edge Chromium.
- Mozilla Firefox Quantum.
- Opera Browser.
- Brave Browser.
- Maxthon Cloud Browser.
- Chromium Browser.
What is the least CPU intensive browser?
What is the fastest and lightest browser?
Most Lightweight Browsers For Windows 10
- Opera – Most Customizable & Lightest Web Browser.
- Torch – Nice-Looking Web Browser.
- Vivaldi – Safest & Lightest Web Browser.
- Comodo IceDragon – Best Privacy Browser While Consuming Least Memory.
- SlimBrowser – Best Windows Browser With Lightning Fast Engine.
Is Edge better than chrome 2020?
The new Edge has a few features that set it apart from Chrome, like better privacy settings. It also uses less of my computer’s resources, which Chrome is notorious for hogging. Perhaps most importantly, the browser extensions you’d find in Chrome are also available in the new Edge too, making it way more useful.
Is Microsoft edge being discontinued?
Windows 10 Edge Legacy support to be discontinued Microsoft has officially retired this piece of software. The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and was released in January 2020 as an optional update. It is available on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. You can also download it for macOS, iOS, and Android.
Which is faster Chrome or edge?
Speed and Performance The new version of Chrome’s engine made the Edge faster, and managing RAM became simple. The main difference between the two browsers is RAM usage, and in the case of Chrome, RAM consumption is higher than Edge.
Is Microsoft Edge slower than Chrome?
According to various tests, Microsoft Edge is a very fast browser, even faster than Chrome. But, some users reported that for some reason, Microsoft Edge on their computers runs very slow. Microsoft Edge not loading pages.
How can I speed up my edge 2020?
Start with the first task and go down the line until your browser’s performance improves.
- Check your internet connection (sounds obvious right?
- Delete browser history and cleanup your cache and cookies.
- Tweak browser flags (this is a helpful one!)
- Turn off background apps.
- Delete or update Edge extensions.
How can I make Chromium edge faster?
Speed up Edge and make it load faster
- Enable Startup Boost in Microsoft Edge.
- Make sure Proxy Settings are correct.
- Turn off or Delete unnecessary Extensions.
- Stop Unwanted Tasks.
- Use Suspender Extension.
- Optimize New Tab page Experience.
How can I speed up my internet browsing?
How to improve your internet browser speed and performance when using Internet Explorer
- Uninstall toolbars.
- Disable toolbars and extensions directly from your browser.
- Clear browsing cache and cookies.
- Reset your browser settings.