What is cx_Freeze Python?
cx_Freeze is a set of scripts and modules for freezing Python scripts into executables, in much the same way that py2exe and py2app do. Unlike these two tools, cx_Freeze is cross-platform and should work on any platform that Python itself works on. It supports Python 2.7 or higher (including Python 3).
How do you use CX freeze?
There are three different ways to use cx_Freeze:
- Use the included cxfreeze script.
- Create a distutils setup script. This is useful if you need extra options when freezing your program, because you can save them in the script.
- Work directly with the classes and modules used internally by cx_Freeze.
How do I make a CX<UNK>freeze EXE?
This creates a folder called “dist” in the folder that contains your Python code, and within that folder you’ll find your .exe file. To run cx_freeze, you can now: Navigate to the folder containing pascals_triangle.py and setup.py. Run the command python setup.py build.
What command must be used when invoking Cx<UNK>Freeze to create a build directory with a program executable?
distutils setup script
- In order to make use of distutils a setup script must be created.
- There are more examples in the samples/ directory of the source.
- This command will create a subdirectory called build with a further subdirectory starting with the letters exe.
- On Mac OS X, you can use bdist_dmg to build a Mac disk image.
What is cx_Freeze fatal error?
CX_FREEZE fatal error is the critical Windows error that either indicates corruption of your operating system or the particular program. This can sometimes be caused by several applications running at the same time or constant opening of the program.
How do I add icons to CX freeze?
- The icon option is listed in the docs: cx_freeze.readthedocs.org/en/latest/distutils.html#build-exe IIRC, you need to have a .ico file for it to work on Windows, so if it’s in another format, you’ll have to convert it manually. –
- Thomas You’ve been very helpful lately 😉 – Joseph Smith May 15 ’12 at 2:06.
Does CX freeze work on Mac?
cx_Freeze works on Windows, Mac and Linux, but on each platform it only makes an executable that runs on that platform. So if you want to freeze your programs for Windows, freeze it on Windows; if you want to run it on Macs, freeze it on a Mac. At a pinch, you can try to make a Windows executable using Wine.
How do I install CX<UNK>freeze?
Install cx_Freeze in Anaconda virtual environment – Windows
- Open Anaconda prompt. Goto Windows-icon.
- Set the Anaconda virtual environment in the Anaconda prompt.
- then use pip to install like so:
- Create a new python file named setup.py in the current directory of your script and put the following code in it:
How do I update CX<UNK>freeze?
In a virtual environment, install by issuing the command:
- pip install –upgrade cx_Freeze.
- python -m pip install –upgrade cx_Freeze.
- python3 -m pip install –upgrade cx_Freeze.