What does set default mean?
When you tap an action in Android, a specific application always opens; that application is called the default. This can come into play when you have more than one application installed that serves the same purpose.
What is a default setting on a computer?
A default, in computer science, refers to the preexisting value of a user-configurable setting that is assigned to a software application, computer program or device. Such settings are also called presets or factory presets, especially for electronic devices.
What does clear default app mean?
The procedure is the same for any app that sets itself as the default for performing a particular action, like an app that makes phone calls (such as Skype) making itself the default instead of your regular phone dialer. Just find the app in question in Settings > Apps, select it, and choose Clear Defaults.
How do I clear Android default browser?
To do this, first establish the current default browser app by going to the Default Apps settings as shown above then go back and view all the installed apps. Find and open this browser then go to Open by Default and tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button. The default browser should now be reset.
How do I remove default apps in Windows 10?
Some default apps can be uninstalled easily from the Start menu. To do this, find the default app you want to uninstall in the Start menu, right-click on the app, and choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu that appears.
How do I reset default app formats?
How to Reset File Associations in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps – Defaults Apps.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
- This will reset all file type and protocol associations to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
How do I set default apps in Windows 10?
Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft.
How do I remove the default browser in Windows 10?
Change your default browser in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge or another browser.