How do I turn off Windows authentication in IIS?
Under IIS, select Authentication.
- Select Windows Authentication.
- Right-click and select Disable.
How do I enable Windows authentication in IIS?
Enabling Windows authentication in IIS
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn windows features on or off.
- Expand Internet Information Services -> World Wide Web Services.
- Under Security, select the Windows Authentication check box.
- Click OK to finish the configuration.
Can I disable Windows authentication in SQL Server?
It’s not possible to disable windows authentication mode. SQL Server suports only two modes: Windows authentication only.
What is Windows authentication in IIS?
You can use Windows authentication when your IIS 7 server runs on a corporate network that is using Microsoft Active Directory service domain identities or other Windows accounts to identify users. Because of this, you can use Windows authentication whether or not your server is a member of an Active Directory domain.
What is the default authentication method in IIS?
Also by default, IIS 7 enables kernel-mode authentication for the Windows (which use either Kerberos or NTLM), authentication scheme. Kernel-mode authentication provides the following advantages: Your Web applications can run using lower-privileged accounts.
How do I get Windows authentication in ASP NET?
To set up your ASP.NET application to work with Windows-based authentication, begin by creating some users and groups. Within your Windows operating system, go to “Control Panel” -> “User Accounts” -> “Manage another account” -> “Create a new account” then choose “Add or Remove User”.
Is Windows authentication the same as Active Directory?
There is no much difference between windows authentication & AD authentication, when machine is not part of the domain user information is stored into local SAM database & during login, local authentication mechanism is utilized to validate the user where as using AD it is ldap based directory service authentication …
What authentication type is the default for Active Directory?
How does Active Directory work for authentication?
How does Microsoft Active Directory handle user authentication? [closed]
- user enters login information on his windows machine.
- machines passes credentials to PDC.
- PDC asks the active directory.
- AD matches entry with it’s database.
- AD tells PDC –> O.K.
- PDC tells windows machine –> O.K.
- windows machine logs on user.
How do I know if Kerberos is authentication is enabled?
Kerberos is most definately running if its a deploy Active Directory Domain Controller. Assuming you’re auditing logon events, check your security event log and look for 540 events. They will tell you whether a specific authentication was done with Kerberos or NTLM.
Which authentication type do you use for LDAP authentication PEGA?
LDAP authnetication is available in most of the PRPC versions, if you are looking for kerberos authentication it is available from Pega 7.2. 2. LDAP authentication can be configured using “Authentication Service” rule form in Pega application, which belongs to the SysAdmin rule category.
How does LDAP authentication work in PEGA?
LDAP authentication in Pega – LDAP 2
- Step 1: Designer studio -> Configure -> Org & security -> Authentication -> Create authentication service.
- Step 2: select the authentication type as Custom and Name as WebLDAP1.
- Step 3: You will see the custom authentication service rule created with empty field values.
- Custom tab.
How does SSO work in PEGA?
Smart card based authentication – Here the credentials are stored in your smart card. All you need to do is authenticate the password once and the smart card can provide access to all other applications. 3. Security Assertion Markup Launguage (SAML) – This is the most commonly used SSO implementation method in Pega.
What tool do you use to diagnose Rules Assembly issues in your application?
To diagnose rule assembly and caching issues, read the Rule Assembly (RA) statistics. To view the RA statistics for an individual, run the My Performance Details tool and enter the user ID in the User ID is Equal field. To view the RA statistics for an application, run the Performance Analyzer (PAL) tool.
Which two details do alerts and logs provide when an offline enabled app fails to synchronize data?
What are two ways node classification can improve system performance?
Assigning specific tasks to specific nodes can mitigate performance issues. Distributing resources across nodes diminishes the processing burden on any single node. For example, using the node classification approach, you can designate a node for background processes and another node for users.
Which one is Associatedol of one pal?
PAL reads performance counter logs, analyzes them and reports on the thresholds using HTML based reports. These reports use graphical charts to represent the counters and sends alerts when the preset thresholds are exceeded.
How do you take a pal reading in PEGA?
Taking PAL Readings
- Take Baseline Reading. Once the first run-through of the scenario has been completed, open PAL to create the first reading.
- Start Process to be Measured. Begin the process being measured by initiating the first action.
- Continue through every step of the process.
- Save the data.
How do I install pal tools?
If you wish to install the PAL tool, then download PAL_Setup . It contains the Microsoft installer files. Right-click and go to Properties of the zip file, select Unblock, and then click OK. Extract the zip file to a new, empty folder, and then run Setup.
What is PAL SQL Server?
PAL is an open source program that can be found on the CodePlex site that takes a PerfMon data file and renders it in easy to read HTML report format. It can help you find out what is going wrong (or right) with you SQL instance.
How do you analyze a performance counter?
To analyze counter data with the Perfmon Viewer, you can use the controls and indicators that exist in the lower and upper sectors of the viewer interface, which are referred to as the Counter Table and the Data Grid, respectively. The controls can change the way you display the data to facilitate analysis.
What is PAL tool?
The PAL (Performance Analysis of Logs) tool reads in a performance monitor counter log (any known format) and analyzes it using complex, but known thresholds (provided). The tool generates an HTML based report that graphically charts important performance counters and throws alerts when thresholds are exceeded.
How do you analyze perfmon data?
How do you use Performance Analysis of Logs PAL tool?
Two Minute Drill: Performance Analysis of Logs Tool (PAL)
- Select the “Counter Log” tab, and then select the log file to analyze under the Counter Log Path section.
- Let’s switch to the “Threshold File” tab.
- Using the drop-down menu, there are a number of different threshold files to choose with which to analyze your data.
How do I read performance monitor logs?
To view the Data Collector Set log file
- Start Windows Performance Monitor.
- In the navigation pane, expand Monitoring Tools, and then choose Performance Monitor.
- In the console pane toolbar, choose the View Log Data button.
- In the Data Source section, select Log files, and then choose the Add button.
Which feature performance analysis tool is used to create the detailed log of CA?
The PAL tool is primarily a PowerShell script that requires arguments/parameters passed to it in order to properly analyze performance monitor logs.